Ken Kranz, MD
Covering Northern Colorado and Wyoming
Ken’s priorities in his hypnotherapy practice are: 1) to provide a safe and nurturing environment for individuals to explore how they can empower themselves to create changes in their lives; 2) respecting an individual’s choice in their health care decisions; 3) incorporating traditional methods as well as past life regression to provide insights into current Life situations as a bridge to creating a healthier, happier and more meaningful life.
He studied various energy medicine techniques and taught Reiki for several years. He also studied the Yang style tai chi with Yang Zhen Do (6th generation Yang family) and Yang Jun (7th generation), then taught tai chi for several years. He studied in his medical practice. Most recently, he received hypnotherapy training from the world-renowned Hypnotherapy Academy of America in Albuquerque, NM.
Ken came to Cheyenne in 1991 and joined the Internal Medicine Group (IMG), which is now Digestive Health Associates (DHA). He was the President of IMG for 2 years and DHA for 5 years.
Ken has worked as a gastroenterologist for the past 40 years. In addition to his being a specialist in the digestive system and liver diseases (gastroenterology), he has also embraced the complementary disciplines of holistic medicine, acupuncture, applied kinesiology, and hypnosis.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- B.S. in Biochemistry from Penn State; University Park, PA 1972
- Certificate of Physical Therapy from New York University; New York, NY 1974
- M.D. from New York Medical College; Valhalla, NY 1980
- Medical Internship at Tripler Army Medical Center; Honolulu, HI 1981
- Internal Medicine Residency at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center; Denver, CO 1984
- Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of Louisville; Louisville, KY 1988
- Liver Transplant training at the University of Nebraska; Omaha, NE 1990
- Medical Acupuncture training at the UCLA School of Medicine; Los Angeles, CA 1998
- Neural Therapy and Applied Kinesiology at the Klinghardt Institute; Seattle, WA 2000
- Hypnotherapy at the Hypnotherapy Academy of America; Albuquerque, NM 2018
- Internal Medicine
- Holistic Medicine
- General Internal Medicine – Ft. Campbell, KY 1986 – 1988
- Assistant Professor University of Louisville, KY 1988 – 1991
- Liver Transplantation Jewish Hospital Louisville, KY 1990 – 1991
- Chairman, Department of Medicine Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC); Cheyenne, WY
- Chairman, Endoscopy Subcommittee CRMC
- Board Member Cheyenne LEADS 2014 – 2019
- Board of Trustees CRMC 2016 – present.
Ken Kranz, MD
7212 Commons Circle
Cheyenne, WY 82009